izv. prof. dr. sc.
|Nastava se odvija na hrvatskom jeziku u svim svojim elementima, a stranim studentima koji su pridruženi mješovitoj grupi nudi se mogućnost savladavanja predmeta pomoću dodatnih izravnih konzultacija s nastavnikom i asistentima na engleskom jeziku. Pri tome, nastavnik stranog studenta upućuje na odgovarajuću literaturu na engleskom jeziku te mu osigurava mogućnost polaganja predmeta na engleskom jeziku.|
The main objectives of the course are: - to introduce students to the concept of mediatization of politics ; - to encourage students to critically evaluate the contribution of European political communication to the rest of the world, especially in the light of the Americanisation debate ; - to introduce students to the concept of pop politics and its alleged impacts on democracy; - to introduce them to other key concepts in the filed which will allow them to critically asses the consequences of the intrusion of popular culture into political domain; - to encourage them to critically evaluate to which extent if at all has the intrusion of popular culture into politics deepen the gap between male an female politicians; - to introduce students to key methods in researching mediatisation of politics. Note: The main focus of the course will be on Europeanpolitical communication.
Izborni GS-1 - Redovni studij - Preddiplomski sveučilišni studij Novinarstvo
2. semestar Ne predaje se
Izborni GS-2 - Redovni studij - Preddiplomski sveučilišni studij Novinarstvo
Usmjerenje Strateško komuniciranje DN 3. semestar - Redovni studij - Diplomski sveučilišni studij Novinarstvo
Ispitni rok 7.7. održat će se u 14:00 online, usmenim putem na platformi Zoom. U nastavku se nalazi link za pristupanje ispitu
Marijana Grbesa is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Pop Politics
Time: Jul 7, 2020 02:00 PM Budapest
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 831 4333 1694
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,83143331694#,,,,0#,,798407# US (Tacoma)
+13017158592,,83143331694#,,,,0#,,798407# US (Germantown)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 831 4333 1694
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbivbdnPfT
I shall upload your grades on Tuesday and I shall be entering the grades on Wednesday, 26/02 at 12:00.
I shall upload your exam results and final points this evening and I shall be entering the grades tomorrow, Tuesday, February 11 at 10:00, Fabkovićeva 3rd floor.
uplaoded is the table with your points. If you submitted some extra assignments (such as the DIY Memes) and that is not registered as extra points, let me know. Feel free to contact me if you have any other concerns.
Here I repeat the grading policy:
Attendance - 10% (100 points)
Project – 10 % (100 points)
Essay – 30% (300 points)
Exam - 50% (500 points)
A (5) - 900 - 1000
B (4) - 800 - 899
C (3) - 700 - 799
D (2) - 550 - 699
F (Fail) - 549
In order to pass you should have submitted the essay and you need to collect al least 250 points in your exam (i.e. you need to answer at least 3 out of 5 questions correctly).
essay grades have been uploaded. Most of you did very well. However, there are some recurring problems that you should be aware of:
- some of you completely missed the format – you wrote commentaries or pamphlets instead of academic essays;
- many of you do not know how to use sources and have major issues using references; you should deal with this problem for your own sakes;
- majority of issues, however, emerge from the famous 'last minute' syndrom.
Those who scored 300 have completed the course with an A (5, excellent). Congratulations!
Those who need to resubmit need to do so until January 29.
If you want to discuss your essay, I'll send you comments and you can come and see me in my office.
Once I collect the information from the other teacher, I'll upload the table with your points so that you know your score before you take the exam.
See you tomorrow in the class.
uploaded is the list of submitted essays. If you have submitted your essay and you are not listed or you acquire some other status, let me know ASAP.
there is another collision today between my office hours and a meeting. Please see me after the class today.
I won't be in my office if during office hourse today because of another meeting that was scheduled at the same time. I will be availabe after the class today or via email.
Best, Marijana Grbesa
please note that I added one essay to today's lecture readings (Celebrity politics and social media: The case of Donald Trump) . It is a short essay by
Ott BL (2017) The age of Twitter: Donald J. Trump and the politics of debasement. Critical Studies in Media Communication 34(1): 59–68.
The essay will be uploaded to the intranet.
Also, here is very useful and interesting anaylsis that I will refer to in today's class.
Best, Marijana Grbeša
The Human Rights Festival that is currently taking place in Zagreb will screen a movie The Brink by Alison Klayman, 2019 about Steve Bannon https://www.thebrinkfilm.co.uk/synopsis. The screening is tomorrow, 04/12 at 17:00 at
All screenings at the Human Rights Festival are free. I believe this movie could be interesting to you and I recommend it. I have not seen it yet, to be fair, but I am excited to see it.
See you tomorrow.
uploaded is refreshed list of your seminar presentations.
Exam dates are known now and here is when you can take your Pop Politics exam:
05/02 at 14:00
19/02 at 14:00
07/07 at 14:00
01/09 at 14:00
I have uploaded updated schedule of your presentations.
Please pick a presentation date if you still don't have it and let me know.
Seminar on Tuesady, 19/11 will take place as scheduled, at 19:00
Best, Marijana Grbeša
despite the strike, the seminar on Tuesday 12/11 will take place as scheduled. Please pay attention to the list of seminars and the presentations scheduled for that date.
See you all on Wednesday!
here are several important information:
1. uploaded is the list of seminar groups; please DO NOT switch between groups unless you find yourself a replacement,
2. uploaded is the list of seminar presentations that have been registered so far, along with the dates; I urge students who have not registered yet to do so ASAP. If you are presenting in a pair and you attend different seminar groups, you'll be assigned to a particular seminar group on the date of your presentation. On all other weeks you shoud attend your original seminar group. Please bear in mind that seminar presentations SHOULD NOT BE mere descriptions of individuals, their actions or events. You should link your story to key concepts and theories we study in the class. You always need to choose a perspective to tell your story from. You can present your case using whatever format you want (PPP, video, podcast ... ). Be creative, be interesing, be convincing, raise questions ... ;
3. uploaded is the list of the essay topics along with instructions on how to write an essay;
4. and last but certainly not the least: the union has announced that the next round of strike on universities is going to take place on Wednesday, 06/11. As it seems now, all classes on Wednesday will be canceled. The seminar on Tuesday, 05/11 will also be canceled. Please pay close attention to the intranet and further notices. Should this continue on Wednesdays, we'll probably schedule our next lecture on Tuesday, 12/11.
as you have probably heard, because of the strike, all lectures and seminars scheduled for Wednesday, 30/10 will be cancelled.
In the next couple of days I shall upload the seminar list as well as the list of seminar topics that have been registered so far, along with the dates.
Have a great week and lots of fun for Halloween!
Best, Marijana Grbeša